Botox® Cosmetic is a safe, fast and effective way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by facial expressions on the forehead and around the eyes and lips.
- Botox Cosmetic is an FDA-approved highly purified protein that is produced by the bacterium Clostridium Botulinum.
- By blocking the nerve impulses to the tiny facial muscles, that cause the facial expression lines and wrinkles, this protein prevents their contraction and relaxes them.
- Using a micro-sized needle, extremely small doses of the protein is injected directly into groups of targeted muscles, resulting in the smoothness and “un-wrinkling” of the underlying skin.
- The untreated muscles will continue to function normally and will provide facial expressions.
- By reversing the dynamic wrinkles such as crow’s feet, frown lines, worry lines, laugh lines and neck bands, Botox Cosmetic reverses the visible signs of aging. Depending on the individual, the results can be visualized within 5-10 days after treatment, it peaks in 2-4 weeks and will last for 3-6 months.
- The effect will gradually wear off, allowing the dynamic wrinkle to return so the professionals at Artisan Med Spa will help you create a maintenance plan for treatments to maintain your optimal results.
- The length of the treatment session is usually 15-30 minutes.
- After a treatment, the patient must remain upright for several hours.
- There is no recovery period and patients should not experience any “downtime”.
Botox Cosmetic is not a replacement for Radiesse in the treatment of deep static wrinkles. In actuality, the two products are complementary and their simultaneous use results in a more smooth, relaxed and younger appearance. Additional Laser and IPL treatments will significantly enhance the youthful appearance of the skin and face.
We treat Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating with Botox. It is a common disorder affecting many people. Palmar hyperhidrosis or sweaty palms are the most common form of hyperhidrosis, causing excessive sweating of the hands.
Hyperhidrosis can also cause excessive foot, underarm and facial sweating. It is thought that hyperhidrosis is a result of increased activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
Sweating is often uncontrollable, embarrassing and not anticipated. Normal sweating is needed for thermal regulation however in people suffering from hyperhydrosis, sweating exceeds the body’s need for physiological thermal regulation.
Botox is a more effective technique than using prescription drugs for migraine relief. Results typically last 4-5 months and needs repeating for maintenance.